Tuesday 6 November 2012

Technical Drawings

These two drawings were my method for working out how large a frame I would need to make when bending pipe.


                                               

The first sketch started with a square 400mm by 400mm as my guideline, I then cut out two lengths of papers ruled straight lines down the middle of them then I aligned them to cross parallel to each other over the square. This gave me a rough estimate of the minimum size I needed to make each part. My intention was to make a chair capable of being completely flat packed. I didn’t want the chair legs to interfere with each other when closed.  So I ruled out the lengths I intended my two frames to be; 530mm and 597 mm.
This allowed me to see how my forms would match up, and how the chair would sit when unfolded.






The second sketch I drew up at this point was a 1.1 side sketch of both frames sitting inside each other. I intended to be able to go back and use this as a reference throughout the further development processes. The length measurements are the same as on the other Dimension sketch, other measurements of note are the radius’s on the curves of the frames, all of the are 87 mm.
I used Identical curve radius manly to simplify making the frames Il be bending the pipe forms around.

No comments:

Post a Comment